As a small business owner, it can feel like you never have time to do anything, let alone update your website.
In the early days of the internet, it was enough to simply establish a website and leave it up for people to discover. This is no longer the case: you have to update your business website periodically in order to stay in the search engine results pages (SERPS).
A great way to keep your website fresh is to have a blog. I can hear you now, â€œI donâ€™t have time for that!â€ Do yourself a favor: make time. Your new customers will thank you.
How do you make the time to write? Here are a few ideas.
- Keep a small notebook in your pocketbook or on your desk to write down blog ideas. When you have a list going, start writing.
- Start small, even if itâ€™s just for 15 minutes. Youâ€™d be surprised what a dedicated time can do for your writing.
- Pick a consistent time to write. Once you get a routine established, it will be easy to remember.
- Keep a commonplace book. Jot down ideas on index cards and then rearrange them as you need to.
Here are a few blog post ideas:
- What problems do you customers have that you can solve?
- How do you solve their problems better than your competitors?
- What is your favorite part about working with your customers?
- What made you go into business? What is your businessâ€™s story?
Once you have a few posts ready, start posting. It doesnâ€™t have to be perfect â€“ it has to be grammatically okay â€“ but if you are waiting for a post to be perfect, you could wait for a long time. As Voltaire said, â€œPerfect is the enemy of good.â€
Of course, if you get stuck, itâ€™s always okay to ask for help. Thatâ€™s why Iâ€™m here. Cheers! Let me know how it goes.